Friday, January 1, 2010

An Annual Fresh Start

Happy 2010! I love the new year as it's a great way to start fresh. I've always written up a long list of resolutions and goals for the start of the new year. I realized this morning that I've been doing that since I was probably 15. I like to think I've made progress since then! Although, I know for sure, one thing has always remained the same: I never have enough time.

I think that since this is a new year (and decade!) and a new blog, it would only be fitting to post my resolutions as my first post.

  1. Family
    • This is the year that we'll officially start to homeschool Abigail in the fall. I want to make sure I'm extra prepared.
    • Put more of an emphasis on holidays, seasons and family rituals.
    • Work on strengthening family ties and bonds.
    • Work on patience with the kids.
    • Relax food restrictions while showing Abigail more healthy options.


  2. Knitting
    • This year I want to really focus on my knitting! I have a lot of WIPs that I need to finish up and an ungodly stash.
    • I'd like to make a sweater (or two) this year.
    • I'd like each of my children to have at least one hand made by mom thing a year.


  3. Homesteading
    • I think Kim and I both feel the same way on this topic: we need to work harder to be self sufficient.
    • I'd like to see us having a flock of chickens this year. It would be great to get some goats in too.
    • I'd like to make 95% of our meals at home from scratch. Same goes with breads, sauces, butter and etc.
    • Used 95% cloth when it comes to diapers (already there!), cloth napkins, toilet paper and mama cloth.


  4. Health and Fitness
    • I really need to get into shape. Right now, that means preparing for baby #3's birth.
    • After the baby's birth, getting in shape is going to mean losing baby weight and dropping down to a decent weight (150? 130?)
    • I'd like to start running. Also: learning how to ride a bike and possibly swimming.
    • Also, body image is going to play a huge part in this and I'm going to really need to work on it and build it.


  5. Personal
    • I want my dreads back.
    • I want to completely redo my fiances.
    • I need to work on getting the family to being self employed and prosperous.
    • I need to finish what I start!!!
    • I really need to get on track to becoming a midwife, especially if that's what I want to do for the rest of my life.
    • I need to become more social.
    • I'd like to get a baby sitter lined up for the kidlets so Kim and I can have some together time.



I always plan a lot. I guess I'm always one for self improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment